253 Queen St E, Brampton, ON L6W 2B8, Canada
2.3
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I am writing this today to express my disappointment in the amount I had to pay Softron in Brampton, for services rendered in the preparation and filing of my 2017 tax return.

As a loyal client for the past 7 - 8 years, I find your expertise and knowledge commendable, which is why I have been using your services. However, on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, I had my taxes done and very much to my surprise at the completion, I was presented with an invoice for $339.00, one, I might add that was quickly printed off in an adjacent area. I just about fell off my chair, as I was expecting to pay about $85.00. I even brought a coupon with me for a $5.00 discount.

This was a straight forward tax return. Nothing complicated about this. I was asked if I had sold any property in 2017, for which I responded yes, and I had already checked with my bank manager to ensure I was not involved in capital gains as the property was my primary residence. To add insult to injury, at no time was I made aware that this years" tax return would cost a significant amount more. I was quickly offered a $39 discount.

My question is "Does Softron just make up amounts randomly for services rendered.? Of course I paid by debit, as I felt I had no choice.

I did some research and have learned that the competition in Brampton charges between $45.00 and $90.00 for my tax return.

So Softron...what gives? I expect to be compensated $200.00 or credited that amount for future returns, if you want to continue or business relationship.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience in writing so we can come to a mutually acceptable resolution to this problem.

My e-mail address is cyd6@live.ca.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Most sincerely,

(Ms.) Cyd Mann

Product or Service Mentioned: Softron Tax Tax Preparation.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Softron Tax Cons: Being blindsided by the cost of a routine tax return, Transperancy.

Comments